Friday, October 4, 2013

LBC: 3 Trends I Could Never Get Into In Lolita

SIt took me a bit of time to think of three things I would never do in lolita, but these are things I just can't see myself doing. A few are simply because I find them silly or would look silly on me, one in particular is because I simply can't at the moment.

That being said, let's get to it.

Ankle Socks.



I find some of them so cute! I really like the frilly and delicate ones being put out lately. Brands have been putting out all sorts of really cute ones. So why is this on my lists of things I won't and don't, you ask?

Sadly and simply enough, I have scars all over my legs that look like bruises from a terrible allergic reaction to god knows what and they go up to just below my knees. However, the moment these bad boys fade away with the help of some vitamin E, and maybe some make up or thicker nude color tights I'm down.

Next on my lists of big no~nos:

Cat Ears/Rabbit Ears/Antlers.



You know the type I'm talking about. Cat ears are my worst pet peeve for sure. I don't even like Baby's Kitty Kitty Rhapsody print. I don't mind it with maid costumes and I don't mind if you want to just take them out for a stroll on the town, but they just really irk me. I don't mind the sweaters with the ears attached, but regular cat ears I just can't....

Bunny ears and antlers are in a similar area for me, but I have seen some really fantastic well done coords with them. I definitely don't think headband bunny ears are acceptable for some strange reason that eludes me (the ones where the headband part aren't seen look good though), but I've seen a lovely rabbit ear cap made and worn with an awesome coord. So all in all, I'm finding them in a grey area because I feel I would look silly but I would be willing to try them.

 I do also like the little usagi head bows but I don't really feel many look finished with anything but maybe casual lolita.

Aprons.



I am not a maid. I will not wear an apron unless I am hosting something for a meet up that I am required to handle food. I do like classic ones, but I really would prefer not using them. I find them more maid and not lolita and almost kind if pointless because I wouldn't want to dirty them if they were brand and even though historically aprons have held a strangely large part in women's fashion up until the Victorian era really, I'm just not feeling it. 

Well that's all she wrote for tonight folks!

Got through that easier than I thought I would, hope you enjoyed!

Later, next week, I'll do a Lolita Haul post. I just got a very large package from Japan.

Don't forget to check out these other frilly ladies as they blog about things they can't get into in this weeks Lolita Blog Carnival.



If you would like to join or learn more always check the link here!

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you in cat ears/rabbit ears (not sure about antlers though, they're so cute but I probably wouldn't wear them in lolita :D) and aprons - i even included them in my post, too!

    ReplyDelete